- Who: Custom Networking, Inc.
- What: Start-up company providing custom sales tools to the cosmetics industry
- Where: Rochester, NY
Custom Networking approached Mac ‘n Motion wishing to use technology in a better way than currently available “paint your face” websites to educate and sell color cosmetics to their users.
Mac ‘n Motion developed a sophisticated interactive application that begins with a user’s digital photograph and analyzes the face, eyes and nose structure mathematically to give a scientific recommendation on the best way for the individual to apply color cosmetics. The process of using these measurements to provide recommendations and see the results is now patented, for color cosmetics as well as accessories, hair, and other features.
This ground-breaking software found an immediate home with hundreds of cosmetics saleswomen in the Mary Kay army. Custom Networking is now seeking additional corporate partners to deploy the software via web or kiosk.
- Interactive web-based application, tied to a database of color products
- Patented mathematical algorithms that define face shape, nose shape and eye type to provide the most personalized color cosmetics application recommendations available
- Prototype developed in Shockwave, final application developed in Flash